Wednesday 29 September 2010

Jared Nickerson - My chosen Illustration style

 CHECK THIS OUT :)




Flicking through The Computer Arts magazine i came across an Illustrator named Jared Nickerson. The quirky sense of humour and unique characteristics of his work caught my eye instantly, giving me the inspiration in which i was looking for. 


I love the way in which he picks out everyday objects and creates them into a character, giving it humour and expression.






I think that this style of illustration would work great along side the identity of Yo! Sushi, as its playful, young and fresh. The typography in his work could also be used on my wall mural, as it connects well with the styling of the Yo! Sushi logo. 


Although i like the black and white version of his illustrative work, i think that the vibrant colours used in the piece above would best suite the Yo! Sushi brand and its target audience.




CHECK MORE OUT :)


Jared Nickerson is not a one trick pony. His illustration work varies in style and detail. Below is an example of how detailed his illustration work can be.

His work can be seen on  www.behance.net/j3concepts 




Jared Nickerson also mixes typography with his illustrations. With the typography below he has took the illustrative pattern used on the previous image and then filled the typography in with it, making it connect nicely with the illustration. 




After viewing this typography it has given me the idea of having my type for "Yo! Sushi London " to have the illustrative background of my wall mural as its filling. This will then connect the extended logo and mural together.







No comments:

Post a Comment